CLAMPING FORCE MEASUREMENT
Let our team help you accurately measure the tool-clamping force on machining centers. We are experts in assisting clients with clamping force measurement.
Benefits of Proper Clamping Force
- Reduces Wear on the Machine Taper
- Improves Product Finish
- Eliminates Fretting
- Increases Toolholder & Spindle Life
- Improves Machine Accuracy
- Helps Prevent “Stuck” Tapers
- Reduces Tool Breakage, Vibration, & Wear
- Saves Money on Maintenance Costs
Importance of Clamping Force Measurement
It is crucial to understand whether the tool-clamping force meets the specifications of the machine builder. A proper clamping force on machining centers makes a compelling connection between the spindle and the tool. A decrease in clamping force may be an indication of damaged or worn springs or other drawbar issues. Should the tool unclamp while being machined, the insufficient clamping force could cause mishaps.
After a machine is put into service, this crucial performance—the tool-clamping force—is rarely measured. Regular checking enables early problem detection, allowing for the scheduling of maintenance and repairs. As a result, emergencies and unforeseen downtime can be avoided. ForceCheck enables quick diagnostic drawbar performance verification when troubleshooting. Furthermore, ISO 9000 mandates routine testing of a machine’s critical accuracy parameters.
- Selectable Pound or Newton Display (Any Other Units Are Available)
- Selectable “Peak Hold” of Clamping Force
- Auto Shut-Off That Saves Battery Life if the Unit Is Left on
- Rechargeable NiMH (Nickel Metal Hydride) Battery & Charger
- 16-Character Alpha-Numeric LCD Display
- Calibration Data for Each Measuring Bar Electronically Stored in the Measuring Bar
- Last Calibration Date is Displayed When a Measuring Bar Is Connected to the Readout
- Analog to Digital Conversion Directly at the Sensor Improves Accuracy
- Software That Allows New Functions and Improvements to Be Programmed into the Readout
- Other Display Languages Available
- Data-Logging Function Available for Detailed Clamping Force Analysis
- ForceCheck in Use
For pricing and delivery, contact us at (800) 859-7979.